Allmetro Bins provide Perth skip bin hire services for the safe disposal of asbestos.
Our team of licensed operators are highly trained in health and safety practices and can provide you with a skip bin for asbestos waste disposal efficiently, safely, and with minimal impact to the environment.
Asbestos refers to six types of naturally occurring silicate minerals.
These minerals are incredibly durable and resistant to heat, fire, and various chemicals – attributes that are in high demand across a range of industries.
As more people learned of this ‘miracle’ material, the use of asbestos skyrocketed across Australia.
However, experts quickly discovered inhaling airborne asbestos causes several serious diseases.
These include mesothelioma, lung cancer, pleural plaques, and asbestosis.
On 31st December 2003, the use, manufacturing, and importing of asbestos became an illegal offence.
Asbestos-containing materials include:
- Cement roofs and eaves
- Indoor and outdoor wall sheeting
- Textured paints
- Vinyl floor tiles
Have you been thinking about removing the asbestos present on your property?
Asbestos poses few health risks when they are in good condition and left undisturbed.
However, when broken, they become a highly hazardous material, meaning homeowners must take precautions when removing the products or renovating.
Given the health issues associated with asbestos waste disposal and removal, you should always follow best safety practices.
Please be advised that a person who is not licenced to remove asbestos cannot remove more than 10 square metres of asbestos.
Should you require, Allmetro Bins can assist in providing you with a licensed operator to help remove your asbestos waste at an additional cost.
Due to the many health risks associated with asbestos, please don’t hesitate to call Allmetro Bins if you have any questions.
If you choose to remove asbestos yourself, here is some advice you can follow to keep yourself safe:
- Remove all furniture and other household items from the area
- Close all windows and doors, and seal gaps to prevent asbestos fibres from spreading to other areas
- Lay purpose-made plastic sheets to protect the ground from contamination
- Prepare your asbestos skip bin by lining it with 200mm polyurethane sheeting
- Ensure your skip bin is labelled in accordance with the Health (Asbestos) Regulations 1992. This law requires the words “CAUTION ASBESTOS” to be displayed in 50mm high letters
- Wear personal protection equipment, including:
- A dust mask to limit the chances of inhaling asbestos fibres
- Gloves to avoid fibres lingering under your nails or on your hands
- Avoid cutting, drilling or using power tools on the asbestos
- Wet the material containing asbestos to reduce dust (never use a water blaster to do this)
- Handle asbestos gently
- Minimise the time you spend in the work area
Do note that this is far from an exhaustive list and cannot be considered a substitute for real health and safety training. If you are in any doubt whatsoever, we advise leaving your asbestos removal to the experts.
- Have Allmetro Bins collect your asbestos skip bin from your property as soon as possible
- Thoroughly clean everything that was exposed to asbestos, including clothing and tools
- Only use vacuum cleaners if they have attachments designed to deal with asbestos fibres
- Before sweeping to collect asbestos fibres on the ground, spray water over the work area first to avoid releasing dust
At Allmetro Bins, we pride ourselves on providing an industry-leading asbestos waste disposal service built to meet the needs of Western Australia.
Our team of licensed professionals have extensive experience with the disposal of asbestos and can help you dispose of waste material quickly, safely and sustainably with our Perth asbestos skip bins.